Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Coming Home for the Holidays!!!!

Last time most of you heard from me I was in the process of getting my players card and I would probably be playing by now, right???? Well I ran into MORE technical difficulties......you see my card came, but since I played in a league in america (the NPSL in San Jose) less than 6 months ago, I have to wait until January 1st 2009 to play (who would'a thunk it would be so hard to get eligible to play amateur soccer...hehe). The real bummer is if I would have gotten my application into the German Soccer Federation two weeks earlier, I would be eligible to play. Yeah....I Know Right.....It Really Sucks!!! But at least I am going to be 100% eligible to play for the second half of the season. So between now and then I am going to continue to work my booty off.....continue to get into better shape.....and make sure they have no excuse not to play me when the time comes. I have been training 4 times a week with the team here, and am really feeling like I am a part of the team now, and am playing well with them, so I really cannot wait to play with these guys. It has been a lot of fun to this point even considering the fact I am not playing, but shoot the experience has been absolutely priceless and I have learned and actually accomplished quite a lot to this point.

-I have my German Player's Card
-I got my German Residency
-I am eligible to work here in Germany
-Learned a lot of German, yet I am still far from fluent though
-Experienced the Ultimate Beer Fest (Oktoberfest..haha..I sure non of you knew what I meant)
-Have become a DIEHARD Bayern Munich Fan
-Learned that a Weisen just may be the best beer in the World, of course, my Black Butte Porter from the Deschutes Brewery is a close second!!!!

So yeah I really can't complaign, life here has been a pretty sweet experience!!!!!

As for my current financial situation.....AHHHH.......I AM OUT OF MONEY. I have been working at Burger King now for about a month ....WOOOHOOO...... so much fun!!! But they just have not been able to give me very many hours (McDonalds is kind of pushing Burger King out of business here, so they are not busy at all), and nothing else is looking very promising right now in terms of a second job or a better job. So I think I am going to take my chances with the economy and come home for about 2 months and try to find work there. Back home I know a lot more people that might be able to help me find something temporary and with the holidays a lot of the stores are hiring on extra help too. So we will see.......I just think I will have a better chance to make more money at home than here, plus I will be home for my B-day (Nov. 17...I expect a gift from all of you...hehe) and the Holidays......and I really love Central Oregon this time of Year. 

So the plan is I will be home for a little more than 2 months. I will be flying home the 12th of November and then will head back January 20th to begin training again and then season starts up again at the beginning of March. And it is going to be all out from that point on......I have 12 games to prove myself and hopefully get some looks to play at the professional level next year. 

The DREAM is still alive and that is all I can ask for. Nobody said it would be easy and I sure have had to persevere to make it this far, and will certainly have to continue to find strength and guidance from the lord over the next 6 months. I know that if it is meant to be and it is the Lord's Will, the doors will open up. Which is a really comforting thought, makes it easy to relax and not stress about everything.

I miss all of you and can't wait to get home and see everyone. Hope this finds everyone doing well. Take care and God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt- Hey! Not sure if you remember me from high school but I saw your blog and wanted to post a comment. I traveled to Europe in May and loved it! Germany is amazing and I'm so jealous you're living there! When I was in Munich, there was a soccer game broadcasted in the Marienplatz and they gave out 30,000 free biers! Crazy times! Needless to say, I got up close and personal with some Germans! E-mail me back if you get the chance.
Danelle (Thompson) Weissert
danelle.thompson@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry, It's
danellethompson@yahoo.com
Oops!