Saturday, February 28, 2009

Back In Germany........

Hello everyone, it has been a while!!!! I was home in Oregon for a few months for the holidays and to save up some money. But I am now back in Germany. I flew in February 1st and started training with the team here February 2nd. Didnt waste any time....haha

And it has been quite a different experience coming back after having lived here for 3 months. Things are no longer foreign anymore, I felt like I even understood the language better than when I left. Oh and it is absolutely freezing cold and very wet this time of year here. But it does seem like the weather is starting to turn and get a bit warmer. It has been great to see and hang out with my friends here.

But most of all I am so excited to be back here in Germany in the pursuit of my ultimate dream......"PLAYING PROFESSINAL SOCCER".....But trust me as much as I love the sport this is certainly one of the most difficult and challenging endeavours that I have ever attemted. You see playing soccer at this level is no longer just for fun it's a business, although don't get me wrong I still have a blast when I am playing, but there are very high expectations and you have to be consistent and get results everytime you step onto the pitch. And I have to tell you, that is probably 75% or greater of the eaquation of whether or not you succeed at the professional level. I know I have the stregth, speed, and technique to play professional soccer, but can I perform well consistently, and can I perform best when the team needs it most. And being 25 years old that is absolutely essential to my success, because I am not worth the money at my age if the team has to wait for me to develop.

Now for all of you who may not be up to date with everything. When I was first here I was only training with the team, because I was waiting on my german players card, and I would be eligible to play by January 1. Well.......IT SHOWED UP......WOOHOO....no more waiting, except for the weather to get better so the season can start....there's always something else, isnt there? And the team that am playing with here is an amature team that plays at in the 6th league here in Germany, they are also the reserve squad for a 4th league/semi-pro team. So that is my goal by the end of the season, to be playing with or getting looks by the first team if I am going to continue to stay here in Germany.

BUT something new just came into the picture for me this last week, I have been speaking with and Pro Soccer Consulting agency for the past few months since I have been playing here in germany. And they have envited me along with 18 other players from the US to attend a soccer tour in Belgium. We will play 4 to 5 games against 1st, 2nd and 3rd League professional teams from Belgium and Holland. All which many coaches have been envited to attend. So this is an incredible opportunity to get some professional exposure and potentially open up even more doors for me or possibly even get a professional contract. No matter what I will be playing with and against players at a very high level of soccer, so no matter what it will be very good experience for me and give me a good idea if I have what it takes to make it at the professional level here in Europe and also back home in the US. And if nothing immediate comes out of it, I will continue playing which FC Bamberg in Germany through the end of May and see where that goes.

I have been working hard and am truly giving this opportunity everything I have. And I know that if professional soccer is in my future things will start opening up in the next few months. And if not, I am also looking forward to getting back to Chiropractic school and continuing towards my passion and career in Sports Medicine.

As always I will continue to keep everyone posted on what is going on and def fill me in on your thoughts and everything that is going on in your lives. I enjoy hearing from everyone.

No comments: